Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Wild Duck Journal #4

Dear Diary,

How could Hedvig not be my own daughter?? I can't believe that Gina kept this big secret from me for fourteen years. I'm so upset with her! Gregers and I just discussed the ideal marriage, and he made me believe that me and Gina still had a chance to achieve it. I wonder if Gregers knew the whole time! What the worst part of this whole predicament is that Hedvig's real father, Old Werle, is going blind....so now I know for sure that poor Hedvig will too! I feel so sorry for her, especially since she doesn't know. But I can't even stand to look at her anymore, now that I know she does not belong to me. This whole house is corrupted. I have to get away frmo it all! Away from the poor girl, away from my deceitful wife, away from that stupid wild duck that came from the same old man who had an affair with my own wife. If it wasn't for Hedvig, I would have strangled that duck by now. So I must leave this house, this twisted, agonizing mess, before I do something completely crazy. I don't know where I'm going to go, or what I'm going to do there, but I know that I jsut can't stay here any longer. Perhaps I will go somewhere to finish my invention. Although, I'm only making it for the benefit of my family, and to pay off that awful old man of my debts. So I guess it's not even important anymore. Without my family and a need to complete my invention, I'm completely lost. I don't know what to do. Hopefully there is a solution to all this craziness...

- Hjalmar

No comments:

Post a Comment